blank'/> Rust in the Wind Windchime | NidoBeato

Rust in the Wind Windchime

A while back while digging through the dusty rubble at my local salvage yard, I came across what looked like a rusty old cast iron lamp top. Part of it was broken off, and being cast iron, it was quite heavy, but I couldn't pass it up because I knew I could make something from it. And so came my latest Crystal Creation windchime, a piece I call Rust in the Wind. I can almost hear Kansas playing in the background whenever I look at it.

Rust in the Wind windchime

I had ordered some rusty wire and metal pieces from one of my new favorite craft suppliers, Factory Direct Craft a couple of weeks ago, and I had a lot of glass squares left when I made my Blue Butterfly windchime, so I started planning out the project. I picked out some clear, green, and amber glass squares and some clear glass marbles, dug out some green stone and iridescent brown ceramic beads, and went to work. I wrapped each of the glass pieces in wire, which let me tell you, tore my fingers up (my son even suggested I might need a tetanus shot after playing with all that rusted wire). I wanted to end each drop with one of the rusty bells I got from Factory Direct. They don't make a lot of noise, but I like the thought of having bells there.

The large metal star in the center makes an interesting hollow clang when it hits the glass. Rust in the Wind is available in my Etsy shop, NidoBeato CreationsSOLD

Rust in the Wind windchime - detail
 
Rust in the Wind windchime - detail

Rust in the Wind windchime - detail
Rust in the Wind windchime




Post a Comment